Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. It gives us a chance to share with readers what we bought, borrowed, swapped, won or got for review each week. I also decided that since I do a weekly recap, it really is just good sense to link up with The Sunday Post, hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer, because that is such a fun link up as well!
Pictures = Goodreads
The Books: For Review
No physical books this week, not a one! This makes Shannon sad, but her bank account happy. Plus, I must remember that I will see all the books in about two weeks. Plus I have 3 pre-orders coming next week, so YAY!
Now. Nori, my dear, I have failed you. I didn’t just sort of fail you, I basically did the opposite of all the things you have ever told me to do. It’s like an overeater gorging themselves at a buffet. An alcoholic doing 20 shots of tequila at a bar. I didn’t just fall off the wagon, I fell hard. So I guess I won’t be getting student of the month :/
Thanks to HarperCollins, via Edelweiss:
Thanks to Little, Brown Books for Young Readers, ABRAMS Kids, and Random House Children’s
Thanks to author Kimberly G. Giarratano for the review copy!
I read books! Three books, as usual, even though I was certain I’d get to four. These are the three:
Well, this was a banner reading week, I must say. Immaculate was really good, and posed so many questions and made me think. Then, Made You Up blew me away, and then I finished An Ember in the Ashes and well…. as you can imagine, things got pretty epic. Sequel? PLEASE?
On the Blog:
- On Monday, I reviewed Until the Beginning by Amy Plum
- This week’s Top Ten featured books we’d likely never read.
- Lots of non-reviewing happened on Wednesday!
- I gave a ridiculous guide to book hoarding (with a quiz!) on Thursday
- And on Friday, I posted my gif-by-gif reaction to the Fire & Flood series, along with a giveaway!
- The May Discussion Link up and Giveaway has begun! There are still a few days left to link up any April posts you may have missed, and get last minute giveaway entries in too!
- The May New Release Hop Sign-Ups are OPEN! So if you’d like to give away a May Release, head on over!
- There’s a Salt & Stone galley giveaway happening, but hurry- it’s only open for a week!
Fun in the Blogosphere:
- Faye @ The Social Potato wants an ordinary love interest– one without chiseled faces and the deepest eyes of all time.
- Sherry @ Bloggity Blogs shares a really interesting perspective on the representation of high school in books.
- Alyssa @ The Devil Orders Takeout offers a guide for students who need sleep- via The Hunger Games. Such a win.
- Emily @ Emily, Etc. wants to know where all the female friendships have gone (me too, Emily!)
- Melanie @ YA Midnight Reads tells you (hilariously) how you really should be doing things while blogging.
- Vlora @ Reviews and Cake reminds us all that Bambi is a really horrifying movie.
- Terri @ Second Run Reviews shares how real life has a real impact on blogging and schedules (I feel her pain!)
- Sam @ Sharing Inspired Kreations asks us how things would be different if books didn’t have covers.
- Elizabeth @ Thoughts From an Evil Overlord talks blog names, how we come up with them, and shares a few that stick out for her.
- Shannon @ The Tale Temptress wants to know what keeps you coming back to favorite blogs.
- Christy & Erica @ Novel Ink think back to books they really wish they could experience again for the first time.
- Danielle @ Love at First Page & Lili @ Lili’s Reflections announce the Summer of Series Challenge!
- Genesis & Gaby at Latte Nights Reviews introduce Gaby as Gen’s new co-blogger!
Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms out there! (I know it is only Mother’s Day in some countries, but even if you celebrate it on a different day, you still deserve some happy!) Doing anything special with your moms/kids/grandma/special lady in your life? Do tell!