This time of year, there are tons of reading challenges starting up (which we LOVE!). But we wanted to challenge our fellow book bloggers to not only read more, but talk more too. That’s where the idea for this challenge was born!
So often book bloggers mean to post more discussions on our blogs, but we just don’t quite get around to it. Well, we wanted to give everyone a little motivation to keep the discussions going, plus give us a place to link up our discussions so that more people will see our precious words of wisdom (or … you know … our GIF-filled rants).
I hope you’ll join us for this challenge and pledge yourself to posting more discussions in this upcoming year. I promise we’ll have lots of fun talking together!
Here’s All You Have to Do:
- The 2015 Book Blog Discussion Challenge runs from January 1st until December 31st, 2014.
- Sign-ups will remain open until December 31st, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. Central
- You DO NOT have to have a book blog to join this challenge. If you don’t have a book blog, you may link up to discussions that you’ve started on Goodreads groups.
- Create a sign-up post announcing your intention to participate and link up below. If you do not have a blog, you can link up to your Goodreads profile. There is no need to say what your discussion posts will be about – just tell us that you’re joining and let us know what your goal is.
- Please link back to both challenge hosts and include the challenge button in your sign-up posts.
- Every month, we’ll update this 2015 Book Blog Challenge Page with the links to that month’s Challenge linky – so you’ll always know where to find the latest link-up!
- Share it! The more people we get to participate in this, the more awesome discussions we can all be a part of and the more fun it will be! So, invite your friends to join us!
- This challenge is to help get us discussing books and book blogging, so talk about whatever you want as long as it’s relevant to book blogging. Discussions can be book related or book blogging related (or generally blogging related – no discussions about things that are completely off-topic like travel or fashion, etc). Discussions can also be about you personally if it’s a get-to-know-you type post.
- There will be a kick-off post on January 1, 2015 on both Feed Your Fiction Addiction and It Starts at Midnight where you’ll be able to leave your links for any January discussions. At the beginning of every month, a new post will go up on both blogs for that month’s links.
- If you forgot to leave your discussion link in the challenge month in which you posted the discussion or the linky list closed before you had a chance to leave it, you can leave it in a future month. (No duplicates though.)
- There will also be monthly giveaways, so make sure you check in each month!
- Use the hashtag #LetsDiscuss2015 to share your progress and connect with other participants on Twitter.
- Have questions? Feel free to ask in the comments!
1-12 – Discussion Dabbler
13-24 – Creative Conversationalist
25-36 – Chatty Kathy
37-48 – Terrifically Talkative
49+ – Gift of the Gab
I am going to try for the Terrifically Talkative. I am leaving the Gift of Gab to Nicole, and being a bit less ambitious!
When Nicole asked me about joining her in this fabulous idea of hers (she is the creative genius here, guys!) it took me all of two seconds to give a resounding “YES!”, because I love a discussion! I can’t wait to challenge myself to post more discussions, but even more I cannot wait to read and comment on all of YOUR amazing topics, because I have a feeling that you all are going to come up with some really great stuff 🙂
Use the Linky Below to Sign Up!
Credits for elements used in button: Tracey Monette, Clever Monkey Graphics, B2N2 Scraps, Sweet Digi Scraps, PicMonkey