Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. It gives us a chance to share with readers what we bought, borrowed, swapped, won or got for review each week. Since all the books seemed to arrive last week, this week felt a bit lean, though in truth it was perfectly fine.
For review from author Autumn Kalquist:
It’s been quite a week. My son was in the hospital from Monday-Wednesday for some kind of breathing problem (no one really knows what it was, some kind of virus I guess), but he’s doing much better now. Basically, I have been trying to keep up, and have been (though barely!) for the most part, but I apologize if a comment or two slipped through the cracks!
I didn’t have a ton of time for reading, but since I was almost done with them anyway, I finished and . Of course, I loved UnDivided, and I also really ended up enjoying The Unhappening of Genesis Lee too! And, (this is BIG) I actually DNFed a book. Yes, you should all be proud, I finally had the guts to DNF my first official book. I tried, but alas, I couldn’t finish . I did leave a short Goodreads review, just because I felt bad that I’d received it from Netgalley.
On the Blog:
- On Monday, I fangirled over my love for UnDivided, the final book in the Unwind Dystology by Neal Shusterman.
- The Top Ten for Tuesday was “New series I want to read”. But really, I should have already read them, no?
- This week’s Waiting on Wednesday featured Neal Shusterman’s Challenger Deep and my lack of concern for the potential for him to consume puppies.
- How We Fall by Kate Brauning totally lived up to my expectations in Thursday’s review.
- And on Friday, I talked about how I am too chicken to read any retellings!
I have a bunch of reviews that are definitely coming up, including The Unhappening of Genesis Lee, The 52nd, and Creed (just in time for Halloween, of course!).
Anything new and exciting happen to you this week? Any good books? Any books we should stay away from? Let me know, and hope you all have wonderful weekends!