Welcome to May’s Monthly Minutes at Midnight!
Here’s the deal: I’ll share the books I’ve obtained, posts of interest from others, giveaways I have happening, and just general random shenanigans. You know I love a shenanigan. Also, covers all link to Goodreads, because I am awesome. As always, I link up with the Wrap Up Round Up, too!
For Review/From Publishers:
Hugest of thanks to the publishers!!
Huge thanks to the publishers for these lovelies! I am so excited for all of them!
Breathless by Amy McCulloch ♦ The Hacienda by Isabel Cañas ♦ Idol by Louise O’Neill ♦ Under Fortunate Stars by Ren Hutchings ♦ See You Yesterday by Rachel Lynn Solomon ♦ Some Mistakes Were Made by Kristin Dwyer ♦ Mercury Rising by R.W.W. Greene
More than half of these were bought because I love them, which is kind of a big deal.
Shenanigans Since Last Time:
I read 15 books this month. Guess that isn’t awful.
Another pretty good bunch! Some really awesome ones, a couple of bummers, and everything in between!
Here are some of the loveliest/most entertaining/super helpful/just plain interesting posts I found this month!
- Beth @ Bethwyrm talks about determining book genres
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction asks whether free speech applies to a personal site
- Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books shares some hard blogging truths
- Davida @ The Chocolate Lady’s Book Reviews discusses privacy and blogging
- Heather @ Based on a True Story explains her dislike for fictional languages
- Nicole @ Thoughts Stained With Ink discusses reading and mental health
- Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader wants to know what book changed your life
- Sam @ We Live and Breathe Books shares random thoughts she has while reading
- Louise @ Monstrumology tells us her library pet peeves
- Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books also shares why she chooses to blog in English
Fancy & New Since Last I Saw You!
I love looking at pretty covers! So here are some new ones that I have fallen in love with since our last update!
Pretty covers are pretty.
Things we need to talk about at this juncture:
- So, May was a trip! I really wanted to pop in with like “well May was nice” but I got COVID again, and my job decided they’re definitely laying people off, so. Sorry, ask again later 😂 My dad ended up with COVID for the third time though, I was only on round 2 heh.
- Mother’s Day was nice at least! My sister-in-law brought her parents and grandma to my parents’ for brunch, and it was super nice. And then the weather went from literal snow to boiling, as it now is wont to do. The good thing about that is pool time! I love pool time. So do the kids, which is great.
- What is happening in June? I genuinely don’t know? Two more weeks of school for me, only one for the kids. I’ll be glad to have us all out of classrooms at this point- not that anyplace else is any safer, but. Ugh. Lena has a bunch of softball games. Other than that, not a ton happening in June. Have some pictures of Sammy getting his next promotion in karate, and Lena playing softball, and then swimming!