Welcome to October’s Monthly Minutes at Midnight!
Here’s the deal: I’ll share the books I’ve obtained, posts of interest from others, giveaways I have happening, and just general random shenanigans. You know I love a shenanigan. Also, covers all link to Goodreads, because I am awesome.
For Review/From Publishers:
Huge thanks to Author Erica Cameron, Abrams, Penguin, and Random House!!
Only one sequel that I kind of needed upon finishing its predecessor. Less than $7. Pretty good job, Past Shannon.
Nothing this month!
Shenanigans Since Last Time:
I read 11 books this month. Which frankly is impressive as hell, considering the month!
Most of these were awesome, so that’s a big win. A couple disappointments but… reviews are coming! I read All the Bad Apples for #ReadForGrace and… she’d have loved it. We miss you ♥♥
Here are some of the loveliest/most entertaining/super helpful/just plain interesting posts I found this month!
- Laura @ Boats Against the Current has fifteen blog post ideas to share with us
- Lydia @ Lydia Schoch explains why she only reads digital books
- Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books shares how to make it as a book blogger
- Sam @ We Live and Breathe Books is not happy when reviewers dislike “young” characters in YA
- Sammie @ The Writerly Way shares some incredible bookish pumpkin carvings
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction doesn’t really “get” Instagram and honestly same
- Cait @ Paper Fury shares which fantasy tropes she loves, and which she wishes would die slow painful deaths
Fancy & New Since Last I Saw You!
I love looking at pretty covers! So here are some new ones that I have fallen in love with since our last update!
Pretty covers are pretty.
Things we need to talk about at this juncture:
- Life has been really rough this month. Lena has been in the hospital. To say it’s been hellish is an incredible understatement. She wasn’t doing well in the beginning of the month, and she just… spiraled. She is doing better though, and came home tonight! So I know I am wildly behind on returning comments and such (especially for Shattering Stigmas) but I quite literally haven’t had a full night sleep since September, so. Bear with me, yeah? As always, good thoughts are welcomed- especially since I know they’d make Lena feel great ♥♥
- There have been a couple of good things, though! My brother got married (and his wife is kind of my favorite, so that’s cool). My parents went to the wedding (well- they and her parents were the only guests, so) and it was lovely! Also, I finally, finally have a functioning kitchen!!
- Crickets on The 100 News, but apparently we’re going to get a prequel series? At first, I was scared and not sure how to feel, tbh. But then the more I thought about it… how could it go wrong, really? Even if it sucks, it doesn’t change anything that happens in my beloved series. And it won’t suck, obviously. Plus, Grounder backstory!? Cadogan connection!? Reaper origins!? Yes, yes, YES!
- #ShatteringStigmas was really great! Thanks so, so much to everyone who participated, guest posted, commented, read posts, whatever! You guys are fabulous! Read all the posts here!!
- The Bookish Games are happening! It’s Day 4 currently, and my ridiculous ass is still somehow alive, but I can’t imagine it will be for long- the odds just aren’t ever in our favor in the Games!