This episode is so hard for me to fully articulate my thoughts for. On one hand, it was spectacular. So many moments I didn’t even know I was craving. Such amazing character and world development. But I am also scared, going forward. I don’t like that we’re going to have to deal with people thinking Clarke has betrayed them again. So I hope for my sanity, someone catches on sooner than later!
Just a reminder, spoilers galore!! Like ALL the spoilers- proceed with caution!
It’s Naming Day, Bitches!
Ah, this episode starts off so pleasantly, which of course is the first sign of impending doom just minutes later. But joy of joys (or horror of horrors, depending on who you ask), it’s the naming day of Delilah/Priya! She and Jordan are sharing a little post-coital conversation and wow, did Harper have him doing P90x on the ship or something (cause you know it wasn’t Monty)? Dude is jacked. Anyway, Naming Day is apparently all about atoning for your sins and junk, so Jordan wants to unload some of his (perceived) wrongdoings. He knows how hard it must have been for his parents to know he was just a few feet away, in cryo, seeing him but not being able to reach him. It’s incredibly heartfelt, and I’m glad Jordan has Delilah to open up to for five more minutes or so.
For people who were not still in bed, there were cookies and cakes and pies, oh my! Like I said, the happier the beginning of the episode, the faster and more severe things are going to go downhill. But it was so nice to see our heroes having a few minutes of calm and normalcy. Granted, maybe they should have had a few clues that this was a cult party, but alas. Some of them have probably never even seen a cookie, so we’ll excuse it.
I really enjoy Jae the Cookie Dude as of now. Don’t let me down, brother.
So word on the Sanctum Street is, there’s going to be a big ol’ party! But first, they must make amends and atone for all their sins, so okay that should only take everyone actual months.
Clarke tries to talk to Raven, but Raven is being… well, she’s being unreasonable. Look, Clarke made a mistake. How about all the times she saved you, Raven? Honestly. But Clarke moves onto way better amend-making candidates anyway. You know the one.
See what I mean about the more good we get, the more awfulness we can expect later? Sobs.
And I seriously held my breath waiting for his response. Because while I think we all knew he wouldn’t be awful to her, would he fully forgive her? Clarke looked terrified, too. But she needn’t have worried.
I honestly live for Bellarke hugs.
Maybe other people make amends but who cares about them, this is Bellarke’s time. Raven does wander off into a garage and meets Motorbike Mike, the repair guy and also a Prime because of course he is. I think his name is Ryker, which is so cheesy because it is an actual motorcycle brand, so I am going to go ahead and stick with Motorbike Mike. Anyway he’s boring and this story is annoying and I swear to god if Raven ends up with some new rando, I shall scream.
Let’s Check in with The Children of Gabriel
This is a fairly separate storyline from the “main” one, so we might as well use this as an interlude of sorts! So, Gabe’s Kids have O and Rose out in the woods, tied up. They’re arguing among themselves, because some bitch named Tosh wants to just kill them, and Xavier, who I like far more than Tosh, wants to bring them in alive. Xavier wins, and they start to move. Rose is, as you can imagine, more than a little scared, and pleads with Octavia to just tell them whatever they want to know.
Girl please, you are taking a stroll with Blodreina FFS.
There’s more forest shenanigans that ensue when Gabe’s kids turn on each other and shooting starts and such. Rose is too scared to keep running, but Octavia feeds her the same line Bell always did, about closing her eyes and saying “I am not afraid”. (I accidentally deleted my GIF and was too lazy to make another one, but you get the idea.) The takeaway here for me is this: Octavia, despite her feeling as such, is not a monster. There’s humanity underneath, humanity as she tries her damnedest to protect this little, innocent girl who she owes no allegiance to.
Unfortunately, Octavia can’t save Rose. She’s shot by Tosh (Tosh is the worst, right?) and dies. So O does the thing O knows how to do best: Seeks revenge and kills the hell out of Tosh. And then, happily, joins forces with Diyoza to “kill the old man” though who knows if that is actually what they’ll do. I kind of hope not, but I am giddy excited for these two to be partners in crime!
Amen to that, sister.
Let the festivities begin! The start of this is amazing (see video below for the beginning!), there’s dancing, merriment, Bellamy looking salty as fuck that Clarke is dancing with Cillian, good stuff! Then Clarke saunters off with Cillian to continue a more… private party. Even better is when Echo sees how salty Bellamy is, then Bellamy picks a fight with Echo over it. I see the Becho cracks, they are a-formin’!
Wow, you’re riding the couch tonight, big guy.
It’s finally time for Delilah to be
erased named. Ugh, seeing Jordan so happy, wow is this going to destroy him. He knows like, four people and three of them are dead. Anyway, Delilah looks so sad, so it’s certainly no shock that she’s about to die. But she can’t leave Jordan with the hopeful look on his face, knowing she’ll never return.
And then she comes back as Priya VII, or what I like to call “Prililah”. Prililah looks altogether different than D did. She looks older even, so huge props to Ashley LaThrop for pulling that off! Then she gives some cuddles to her “baby boy”, Motorbike Mike who is about a decade older than her and that isn’t creepy at all.
Meanwhile, Clarke realizes that Cillian has been spying on Earthkru and thinks he is going to hurt her for her nightblood. Only she’s got it wrong, and Cillian is a secret Gabe’s Kid, and was just trying to save her. He didn’t act fast enough though, and since he paralyzed Clarke, she couldn’t run. So he kills himself like the coward that he his (seriously you don’t sleep with someone to “protect” them, use your other head, asshole), and Clarke is whisked away.
Russell and Simone pretend for a hot second like they’re really conflicted whether to use Clarke as a vessel for their daughter, Josephine. They’re not, but they’re trying to shove blame onto the other. Because they’re awful. Anyway, in the end of course they plan to kill Clarke and make her into Clarkephine. Because they are that entitled. And Clarke, paralyzed, can do nothing to stop it.
Why pretend, Russell? You selfish piece of trash.
The thing that kills me is, Josephine wasn’t going anywhere. They just would have had to wait. Admittedly, upwards of 56 years, but if they’re sort of immortal, why does it matter? They basically killed Clarke because they were impatient piles of garbage and they shall never be forgiven. Bye.
Seriously Josephine, be more vapid, please. That’ll get us to not hate you. 🙄
Song of the Week:
Oh this was an absolute no-brainer! Underwater by RÜFÜS DU SOL is obviously the clear winner, and the perfect song for this episode and this moment.
- The only hope I have for Ryker is that he seems over the Prime/Host thing. And maybe he can help Raven to help Clarke? If Raven isn’t too busy being salty, that is.
- The last party Bellamy attended wasn’t the one on the Ark. It was Death Party 2150 and I feel like Bree is very insulted that he doesn’t even remember. And hey what about Jasper?!
- The Echo backstory was… oddly timed, but I like it. I didn’t even know where to fit it in this recap, so basically those two make up while Clarke is being erased, and Echo lied to Bellamy and said she didn’t remember her parents but whoopsie, she does and they were murdered by Azgeda, which should surprise no one.
- I am a little impressed that Simone and Russell have stayed together for 236+ years. They’re assholes, sure, but wow that’s a long time.
- What if Prililah still likes Jordan? That’d be so wonderfully squicky!
- Is O going to have a thing with Xavier? I can’t believe I am going to say this but… I kind of approve? He’s the only person on this damn moon (other than Earthkru and Jae the Cookie Dude, of course!) who I actually like, so.
- So, what’s the thing that causes Clarke to survive? The fact that she has the protection of the Flame (that one’s my guess)? Clarke just being extra? Jake Griffin in the back of her dead-head telling her she must go on? Manufactured nightblood makes you more badass? Oh, the options we have!
Episode 6×05: The Gospel of Josephine
I am so pumped for this but also now I hate Josephine because of course I do so… I do know that I refuse to listen to her gospel, and I have probably already joined The Children of Gabriel.
- Is Diyoza ever popping out this kid? Please tell me Octavia will be her midwife. I don’t ask for much, right? Auntie O would be charming, I’m sure.
- If someone doesn’t realize what happened to Clarke soon, I will cry. I don’t want this whole misunderstanding business to slog on for too long. It makes me anxious. Just figure it out and try to save her okay?
- I swear if we don’t see my beloved Indra kom Trikru soon… I need Kane and Niylah and Brell too okay? Who else is left up there that I’m forgetting?
- Can we get Memori and Mackson back, too? Life is less funny without Murphy in it, okay.