Welcome to May’s Monthly Minutes at Midnight!
Here’s the deal: I’ll share the books I’ve obtained, posts of interest from others, giveaways I have happening, and just general random shenanigans. You know I love a shenanigan. Also, covers all link to Goodreads, because I am awesome.
For Review/From Publishers:
Huge thanks to Page Street Kids, HMH, & Macmillan!
Huge thanks to Del Ray, Entangled, Harper, Berkely, Candlewick, and Simon & Schuster!
I did not buy any physical books! Be proud! Also, every one of my Kindle buys? Bought with no-rush rewards. Zero dollars spent, like a damn boss.
Nothing this month!
Shenanigans Since Last Time:
I read 12 books this month. Which is made even more impressive by the fact that The Wanderers is 800 pages. Eight. Hundred. That’s at least 3 regular-sized books, just saying.
This was a pretty good reading month! A few were a tad disappointing, but overall, nothing that made me want to throw them out the window, so there’s that!
Here are some of the loveliest/most entertaining/super helpful/just plain interesting posts I found this month!
- Genesis @ Whispering Chapters talks about rating systems
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction shares what she likes to read on your blog in addition to book stuff
- Sam @ We Live and Breathe Books wants to know what the deal is with age limits in love stories
- Chana @ Paper Procrastinators discusses her fear of big books
- Tânia @ My Lovely Secret talks about how books affect her mental health
- Grace @ Rebel Mommy Book Blog wants to know if you consume an author’s backlist once you discover them
- Cait @ Paper Fury shares the best and worst parts of being a blogger and an author
- Malka @ Paper Procrastinators discusses her struggle with reviewing
- Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books talks about blogging with anxiety
- Grace @ Rebel Mommy Book Blog shares all the low-rated books she’s read, and her thoughts on them
- Dani @ Perspective of a Writer breaks down the various graphic content formats
Fancy & New Since Last I Saw You!
I love looking at pretty covers! So here are some new ones that I have fallen in love with since our last update!
Where you at, all my covers? Eh at least these are good!
Things we need to talk about at this juncture:
- Bookish Games are back! And somehow my dumb ass is still alive, yayyyy! But I am probably jinxing myself right now, so yeah. But go watch us fight about random stuff, it’s amusing!
- We’ve been gifted the first five episodes of The 100! It’s been a ride so far, too. I won’t say much because spoilers but… Sanctum, you bananas.
- If you haven’t watched The Society on Netflix yet, GO, do it! It is seriously one of the most wildly entertaining and watchable shows ever. It’s like Gone, except I actually loved it 😂
- Life is… interesting? Okay let’s take a peek at my May: My kitchen caught on fire, true story. My children have started karate, which is actually going really well. It’s been super hot here, like hot enough to go swimming? Next month is extra bananas, with Sammy graduating from Preschool (😭😭😭), going with my aunt to her beach house, and ALA! So here, have some pictures!