Welcome to August’s Monthly Minutes at Midnight!
Here’s the deal: I’ll share the books I’ve obtained, posts of interest from others, giveaways I have happening, and just general random shenanigans. You know I love a shenanigan. Also, covers all link to Goodreads, because I am awesome.
For Review/From Publishers:
Huge thanks to Abrams, Bloomsbury, and St Martin! (Also, better pictures forthcoming, promise!)
Huge thanks to Harper, Tor, & Entangled for the review copies!
Obviously I am not letting a Lauren Nicolle Taylor book release without pre-ordering it! And I suppose technically my mom bought me Legendary, oops, no one told her though. And I found The Immortalists on quite a sale. And fine, I just bought Record of a Spaceborn Few cause I needed it, and that is a terrible reason, but have you seen the inside? I stand by this life choice.
Shenanigans Since Last Time:
I read 15 books this month, yay!
The best part here is that they were, by and large, awesome. In July, my highest rating was a 3.5. Here, my lowest was a 3. And there was only one of them. Honestly, a pretty epic month if you ask me! And I needed it haha.
Here are some of the loveliest/most entertaining/super helpful/just plain interesting posts I found this month!
- Greg @ Book Haven shares some thoughts on book blogging
- Tracy @ Cornerfolds talks about how YA genres have changed over time
- Sam @ We Live and Breathe Books wants more specifics when it comes to book review negatives
- Annemieke @ A Dance With Books examines whether she reads the books she hauls
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction discusses her love for purple prose (ah, no wonder we’re book twinsies!)
- AJ @ Read All the Things! tells us about all the useless mythical creatures she wants to read about
- Nick @ The Infinite Limits of Love shares some awesome design resources for bloggers and other humans
- Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books gives her favorite backlist books some love
- Mikky @ Nocturnal Predators Reviews wants to know how you feel about long-winded descriptions
- Michelle @ Pink Polka Dot Books needs to discuss some spoilery stuff
Fancy & New Since Last I Saw You!
I love looking at pretty covers! So here are some new ones that I have fallen in love with since our last update!
ARC August Results
The lovelies at Read.Sleep.Repeat are again doing their annual ARC August Challenge! I have finished my challenge by reading 14 ARCs and tbh, that’s pretty awesome. I think I only planned on 11- and I wasn’t holding myself to that, either! Here’s what I ended up reading:
AND I did really well with the Bingo! Let’s be real, I was never going to get a cover-all because of the darn DNF square. I cannot, okay? Even if this weren’t a fabulous reading month!
Things we need to talk about at this juncture:
- I am currently in mourning because The 100 is on hiatus. The good news is, Season 6 has already started filming, so it won’t take long to get new info. And I will have a wrap up of some kind happening. You can catch up on the awesome finale here. Now if I could just find a convention to attend whose ticket sales I didn’t miss by literal minutes… ?
- If you have children and they sleep, I need you to tell me your secrets. Like I assumed by ages 7 and almost 5 they’d actually sleep sometimes, but I was wrong. And friends, I am tired.
- How is it back-to-school time already!? Honestly, doesn’t seem possible. I see ads for pumpkin shit already, and guys. No. It is still 90°, let’s save the pumpkins til at least next month, yeah? Summer went too fast, sad.