Welcome to July’s Monthly Minutes at Midnight!
Here’s the deal: I’ll share the books I’ve obtained, posts of interest from others, giveaways I have happening, and just general random shenanigans. You know I love a shenanigan. Also, covers all link to Goodreads, because I am awesome.
For Review/From Publishers:
Huge thanks to Macmillan, Harper, and Simon & Schuster!
Huge thanks to Harper, Chronicle, Tor, Sourcebooks, and author Kimberly G. Giarratano for the review copies!
‘Twas a Kindle daily deal, yay!
Shenanigans Since Last Time:
I read 10 books and honestly Idk how. When I got to halfway through July I had only read 3 or something crazy, so this is impressive.
The month started out so rough. The back half was a bit better thank goodness because just… yikes. I’ll be reviewing pretty much all of these in the next month, so yay!
Here are some of the loveliest/most entertaining/super helpful/just plain interesting posts I found this month!
- Jennilyn @ Ruruni Jenni Reads weighs the pros and cons of starting a bookstagram
- Cait @ Paper Fury explains how she got 40k followers on bookstagram (which… wow)
- Val @ The Innocent Smiley shares the sign-ups for the 4th Annual “Make Me Read It” Readathon
- Kyra @ Blog of a Bookaholic talks about summer reader problems
- Laura @ Boats Against the Current wants to know where your blog name comes from
- Tessa @ Crazy for YA discusses why e-readers aren’t actually terrible
- Sam @ Sharing Inspired Kreations asks what you’d do with your blog if you stopped blogging
- Marie @ Drizzle and Hurricane Books wonders if we are too focused on new releases
- The Paper Procrastinators share ten ways to convince people to read your favorite books
- Aimee @ Aimee, Always has some great blogging organization tips
- Lauren @ Book Slaying wants to know if Goodreads is a blessing or a curse
- Rissi @ Finding Wonderland describes how she figures out what genres suit her best
Fancy & New Since Last I Saw You!
I love looking at pretty covers! So here are some new ones that I have fallen in love with since our last update!
The lovelies at Read.Sleep.Repeat are again doing their annual ARC August Challenge! I used to get wayyy too competitive with myself over this in years past, so my basic goal here is this: Finish my September ARCs that I have to read, and read a few August/September ARCs that I want to read. This way, I am getting a little balance. Plus, I am really awesome and only have three September ARCs I requested!
In years past, I’d have tried to hammer out through December, but I am not. Oh no, because I have ARCs that damn it, I just plain want to read and I should do so! So.. here they are!
And if I don’t get to them all, that’s totally fine too!!
Things we need to talk about at this juncture:
- Remember when I bitched about The 100 hiatus for 11 months? Well, it starts again next week. You may want to just run away now, while you still can. Meanwhile, I’ll be broken from whatever finale feels they gut me with, then I shall be in mourning for a good month or two.
- Searching for jobs is the devil’s game. Guys. How do people find employment? Because I can’t.
- Sammy, my 4 Year Old, as we drove past the airport: “Mom, let’s take one of those planes to Mississippi and tell all the people there why Donald Trump is the worst.” WELP, looks like my work here is done. (Incidentally, I have no idea why Mississippi, but also, he’s not wrong?)
- When moving, you will need at least 10 times the amount of boxes you think you’ll need for book packing. Maybe more. I thought 5-6 boxes would fit all my books. Turns out it fits one shelf. Out of 4. And it’s the smallest shelf. How precious am I?