Welcome to August’s Monthly Minutes at Midnight!
Here’s the deal: I’ll share the books I’ve obtained, posts of interest from others, giveaways I have happening, and just general random shenanigans. You know I love a shenanigan.
For Review/From Publishers:
Thanks to Scholastic, Bloomsbury, Macmillan & Disney/Big Honcho Media for the review copies!
So I was pretty good this month- in fact, I bought that copy of The Sky So Heavy for 50 cents. And I bought A Closed and Common Orbit while drinking wine, so I clearly cannot be held accountable for my actions. It was only $6 anyway. Saga 5 was cheap too- let’s just pretend I actually own Saga 4. And if you thought I wouldn’t be buying The 100 Season 4 immediately… are you new here?
The shirt was designed by Bob Morley, to benefit the JED Foundation. I read up on it, of course, and hot damn do I wish something like this existed when I was younger. I plan to go into this a lot more during Shattering Stigmas, so I’ll leave it at that for now, but if you are feeling overwhelmed and need some help, please check this out.
Shenanigans Since Last Time:
I read 12 books this month. Not my best month ever, but eh. I also completed ARC August! All the books I read were ARCs, so at least there’s that!
Things started off pretty good, but then went downhill a little. But overall, more good than bad, so it sounds like a win to me.
Here are some of the loveliest/most entertaining/super helpful/just plain interesting posts I found this month!
This… is still shorter than usual because I am still operating at a moderate level of blogging fail.
- Avalinah @ Avalinah’s Books asks if spoilers in reviews are okay
- Cait @ Paper Fury shares some existential bookworm crises
- Sam @ We Live and Breathe Books talks about second chance books
- Laura @ Boats Against the Current has 15 bookish blog post ideas if you’re feeling uninspired
- Nick @ Nick & Nereyda’s Infinite Booklist asks if you review every book you read
- Rashika @ Xpresso Reads shares middle grade novels that will change your life
- Michelle @ Pink Polka Dot Books channels my inner 10 year old self with book recommendations for the members of The Baby-Sitters Club
- Kristen @ Moonlight and Metaphors asks if you are a bookish risk-taker
- Becky @ A Fool’s Ingenuity wants to know if some topics only work in certain genres
- Dina @ Dinosaur shares ten things she wishes she knew when she started blogging
- Lara @ Words with Lara tells us her top murder mystery books
- Kyra @ Blog of a Bookaholic has some tips to help nerdify your home
- Holly @ The Fox’s Hideaway talks about the struggles that happen with wanting to read ALL the books
No one likes summer ending, do they? I do not. I don’t even love the heat or anything, but the thought of impending snow bums me out. So let’s pretend it isn’t a thing, okay? Rashika came to visit in August. Actually, if we’re being technical, I picked her up at some college in backwoods New York state, so that happened. Here we are being weirdos:
Fancy & New Since Last I Saw You!
I love looking at pretty covers! So here are some new ones that I have fallen in love with since our last update!
Sigh, I love covers.
Things we need to talk about at this juncture:
- It’s been three months since Praimfaya. How incredibly sick are you of me talking about it? If you do care, I shared some of the latest Season 5 info here!
- Orphan Black ended, and I am sad. I planned on posting a kind-of-review, and then… I didn’t. Perhaps I still will. Who can tell?
- Shattering Stigmas will officially be happening October 2-15! If you’d like to participate, either check out the sign up post, or hit me up in the comments!