Welcome to July’s Monthly Minutes at Midnight! I changed the graphic again because I am inordinately indecisive, as you well know.
Here’s the deal: I’ll share the books I’ve obtained, posts of interest from others, giveaways I have happening, and just general random shenanigans. You know I love a shenanigan.
Thanks to Harper, Simon & Schuster, Merit Press, and Penguin
e-ARCs (Pictures link to Goodreads)
Via Netgalley. Thanks to St. Martin’s & Random House.
Bought all three of the books from overseas so… yeah. Also, kind of bummed about the condition of my The Gathering Dark, which means I have to complain, which I loathe.
Most of these were on sale/free, except for Fury Rising, which I need to read so, so badly. I legit don’t remember the last time I paid full price for an ebook, but this is the one!
Thanks so much!! ♥♥♥
Shenanigans Since Last Time:
Another month of 13, but it’s whatever. I am okay with it. Some of them were quite long (looking at you, The Book Thief) and some just took me a long time to slog through (looking at you, Red Rising).
Also not linking, because time. Google and Goodreads, Google and Goodreads.
The Book Thief & All We Have Left are probably both 5 star reads… but my favorite is Fear the Drowning Deep probably.
- Holly @ The Fox’s Hideaway shares her experience living as an introvert.
- Greg @ Book Haven talks about the strangeness of book titles
- AJ @ Read All the Things! shares why diverse books matter to her in a super honest and thought provoking post!
- Verushka @ Pop.Edit.Lit talks about book blurbs that say absolutely nothing
- Lauren @ Bookmark Lit explains why she is a half-assed book series binger (I feel you, sister)
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction dreams in YA and wants to know if you do too!
- Jeann @ Happy Indulgence is co-hosting the Aussie YA Blog Hop, be sure to check it out! I LOVE Aussie YA!
- Nereyda & Nick @ Nick & Nereyda’s Infinite Booklist share their favorite friends-to-lovers books!
- Jillian @ Jillian’s Books talks Booklr!
- Molly @ Molly’s Book Nook wants to know what success means to you
- Karen @ Kissin’ Blue Karen talks about her relationship with social media in a hilarious post!
- Lola @ Lola’s Reviews wants to know what your thoughts on trigger warnings are
- Tika @ Fangirl Confessions posted the actual best review of 2016 so far (of Zenith, if you care) so go read it!
- Erin @ The Hardcover Lover talks about her thoughts on some of the darker things in the blogosphere
- Lexie & Natalie @ The Honest Bookclub share their favorite underrated books!
- Cynthia @ Bingeing on Books is done apologizing (and you should be too!)
- Aentee @ Read at Midnight created the Pokémon GO Book Tag and Readathon
- Kaitlin @
Reading is My Treasureis now… Kaitlin @ A Mismatched Reader!!
- Stephanie @ Chasm of Books shares 7 things she wishes she knew sooner as a blogger
- Cait @ Paper Fury shares 10 things bloggers should not be worrying about
- Holly @ The Fox’s Hideaway talks about how book reviews are only one of the many ways to promote books
- Julia @ A Perfection Called Books wants to know when and why you DNF
- Kaja @ Of Dragons and Hearts discusses the pros and cons of super long books
- Becky @ A Fool’s Ingenuity explains what makes her follow certain blogs
- Liza @ Quite the Novel Idea discusses some of the problems with being connected all the time.
- Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books wants to talk about the dreaded sequel that never comes to fruition
- Cait @ Paper Fury tells you how to get started on Bookstagram
- Michelle @ Pink Polka Dot Books discusses the struggles of talking to a non-reader about books.
- Tonyalee @ Lilybloombooks talks about common misconceptions about book bloggers.
- Liselle @ Lunch Time Librarian discusses the pros and cons of backlist reviews
- Kristen @ Moonlight & Metaphors wants to know if a 5 star rating must equal flawlessness
- Amber @ YA Indulgences turns TWO! (Or maybe her blog does, who can tell? 😉 )
- Jess @ Princessica of Books wants to know which is most important- quality, quantity, or page count
- Cynthia @ Bingeing on Books asks what the term “diverse books” means to you
- Dana @ The Unprinted Protagonist confesses that lack of comments makes her doubt her blogging
- Holly @ The Fox’s Hideaway sorts The 100 cast into Hogwarts Houses for #PotterheadJuly and you NEED this in your life!!
- Aly @ Of Wonderland wants to know which Throne of Glass character YOU are with a fun quiz!
- Laura @ Boats Against the Current talks about what makes a good book cover
- Becca & Lisa @ Lost in Literature discuss finding the balance between blogging and other social media platforms
- Bee, Liza, and Rachel @ Quite the Novel Idea have a new feature, all about book quotes!
Guys, I am not okay that summer is close to being over already. I am just not.
Lena turned 5 in July, I don’t even understand how that is possible. Here, have some pictures of kids!
The lovely Octavia & Shelley @ Read Sleep Repeat are once again hosting ARC August! I was going to try to do one more than last year (which would be 16) but that seemed silly, especially since I don’t need to read 16 ARCs this month (that’s right guys, this over-ARCer is caught up!)- plus, The Beauty of Darkness will be on my porch in 2 days and you best believe I’ll be diving in! So, my goal is…
12 Lovely ARCs!!
I am excited! Let’s do this!
Fancy & New Since Last I Saw You!
I love looking at pretty covers! So here are some new ones that I have fallen in love with since our last update!Is it weird that I love the rusty old bathtub one? Of course it is, but I do. I also have no idea where I saw that purple one, or what it even is, but whatever. And I know that people have been on the fence about Given to the Sea, but I really like the swooshy “S”, and the water, so it stays. I also didn’t love The Valiant‘s cover until I noticed the spectators in the background, and for some reason, that equated love for me.
Things we need to talk about at this juncture:
- I’m still unhealthily obsessed with The 100 rewatches, so there’s that. I also have plans that have to do with my special new Tumblr for The 100 (shh it isn’t done yet but if you care… here it is!), and the GIFs and videos and designs that I want to do. Someday, I suppose!
Holly and I finally read the book- and reviewed it, too!
- Shattering Stigmas Part TWO starts in TWO. WEEKS. I am so excited, and nervous, and all those good things. Obviously, since half of next month is dedicated to it, I won’t go on about it too much here, but STAY TUNED! I have so many great guest posters, some crap of my own, plus my co-hosts have all kinds of amazing stuff for you- and chances to win junk!