Welcome to the second Midnight Digest!! Monthly has been good! Except.. I have all the books to share. So sorry in advance?
I’ll share the books I’ve obtained, posts of interest from others, giveaways I have happening, and just general random shenanigans. You know I love a shenanigan.
The Books- only linking the review books because otherwise this would take ALL DAY
Water’s Wrath by Elise Kova thanks to author Elise Kova!
e-ARCs (Pictures link to Goodreads)
Via Netgalley/Edelweiss, thanks to HarperTeen, Del Rey, Simon & Schuster, and Bloomsbury!!
Shenanigans Since Last Time:
What have I read? Lots, since it’s been a whole month!
Also not linking, because time.
I have already reviewed a few of these, and lots more are coming up! I feel pretty comfortable with awards this time!
Water’s Wrath, which honestly comes as no shock at this point
The Glittering Court earns a solid and much deserved ribbon- review coming up on Monday!!
- Val @ The Innocent Smiley asks if it is okay to enjoy a problematic book.
- Aentee @ The Social Potato shares a guide to meeting bloggers in real life!
- Amanda @ Nellie & Co. is hosting an Instagram challenge! (I need to start doing it!!)
- Joan @ Fiddler Blue asks how vigilant you are about internet safety
- Nereyda @ Nick & Nereyda’s Infinite Booklist has tips to help keep comments under control!
- Terri @ Second Run Reviews shares how to select multiple shelves on Goodreads (I had NO idea!)
- Bee @ Quite the Novel Idea asks if it is okay to befriend authors
- Alexandria @ The Book’s Buzz discusses cursing in book reviews
- Nick @ Nick & Nereyda’s Infinite Booklist talks about sex in YA and why it’s important to have a healthy representation of it.
- Harvey @ Bookmarked asks how big do we really want our blogs to be? (VERY thought provoking!)
- Rashika @ The Social Potato is not a fan of subtweeting, and she talks about why.
- Silvara @ Fantasy of the Silver Dragon asks what you do with unsolicited review copies.
- Amy @ Book Enthral explains why we should post whatever we like in reviews
- Cait @ Paper Fury needs to know how realistic books must be.
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction has a discussion and quiz about how much you read.
- Becca & Lisa @ Lost in Literature have been co-blogging for two years, and want to celebrate!
- Emma @ Miss Print is hosting an event for National Poetry Month called “Poetically Speaking”
- Jeann @ Happy Indulgence discusses feminism in YA and shares some great examples!
- Kristen @ Metaphors and Moonlight talks about the things that she doesn’t like in book blurbs (my answer would be all the things!)
- Larissa @ Life as Larissa wants to know if it’s possible for reviewers to be impartial with authors they’re friends with
- Octavia @ Read.Sleep.Repeat has sign ups for a blogger dinner at BEA open now!
- Laura @ Books Against the Current discusses finding your niche in the blogosphere
- Pamela @ A Writer’s Tales shares a fabulous and brave post about piracy
- Eva @ All Books Considered talks unreliable narrators
- Holly @ The Fox’s Hideaway hosted her phenomenal March Madness event!
- Tonyalee @ Lilybloombooks asks if too much reading can ever be a “thing”.
- Molly @ Molly’s Book Nook shares how she keeps blogging fun AND organized
- Cynthia @ Bingeing on Books discusses lack of motivation (I feel you, friend.)
- Megan @ Reading Away the Days wants to know if we should give books more of a chance, or just DNF.
- Alyssa @ The Devil Orders Takeout asks if there can be such a thing as “too much” diversity.
- Brittany @ The Book Addict’s Guide lists 72 thoughts we have all had while on Goodreads (So. Much. Yes.)
- Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books has started her annual “Meet the Newbies” event! (Check back tomorrow for my first author’s post!)
Oy, March flew by! I don’t know if it was as hectic for you all, but my goodness did the time fly for me! Between Bookish Games, BEA planning, sobbing over The 100, getting super sick with a sinus infection (I’m good now), and just general life craziness, I blinked and the month was over!
Things we need to talk about at this juncture:
- I miss you guys! Tell me what’s new!
- Have you heard any bookish news? I need something new and fun!
- ARC APRIL! Yes, this is a thing, yayy! The lovely ladies at Read.Sleep.Repeat have decided that we need more help than just one month can provide, so I am ready to do this! Help! Here’re my goals:
Obviously I need ALL the luck….