This Week at Midnight, it is halfway through January!
Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. It gives us a chance to share with readers what we bought, borrowed, swapped, won or got for review each week. Because I love books, and you love books, so let’s see the books!
I do promise better pictures of these soon. They are too pretty for this crappy picture, but I have a headache.
Bought from Kayla’s Sale (@ The Thousand Lives):
Via Edelweiss thanks to Margaret K. McElderry Books; and Netgalley thanks to Sourcebooks Fire
Simply too excited for this!!
The Smell of Other People’s Houses But really, none of them were bad!
Posts this Week:
- I reviewed umm… OH! Underwater, and participated in the blog tour- there’s still a giveaway happening!
- I talked about some series I swore I’d read in 2015 and absolutely did not.
- The January New Release Hop has begun!! Win some books!
- I am curious as to whether you love or loathe rating books with numbers!
- The January Discussion Challenge link up and giveaway is happening!
- I have TWO Christmas giveaways happening!! YAY!
- You can win a copy of Underwater by Marisa Reichardt!
- The January New Release Hop has begun too!
- Cee @ The Novel Hermit, Alexa @ Alexa Loves Books, Hazel @ Stay Bookish, & Mel @ The Daily Prophecy have announced the sign ups for this year’s Love-a-Thon!
- Cait @ Paper Fury explains why having a big old TBR is just fine!
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction explains what blogging has done to her bookshelves.
- Silvara @ Fantasy of the Silver Dragon wants to know how many books you read at one time.
- Kyra @ Blog of a Bookaholic bravely shares how panic disorder affects her reading. A MUST read.
- Aentee @ Read at Midnight discusses the integrity in blogging
- Alyssa @ The Devil Orders Takeout shares some history behind Chinese teahouses (and explains how they were the Starbucks of their day!)
- Aentee @ The Social Potato asks if unique books really exist (I personally think no, not really.)
- Ezrah @ I Heart Romance and YA asks if you judge a blog by its cover
- Karen @ Kissin Blue Karen doesn’t care if her favorite show’s stars aren’t morally sound. Do you?
- Kaitlin @ Reading is My Treasure has some tips for those bloggers who want to request fewer ARCs
- Tonyalee @ Lilybloombooks turns THREE and has a celebration event!
- Brittany @ Please Feed the Bookworm reviews The Shannara Chronicles and The Shadowhunters series premieres!
- Mishma @ Chasing Faerytales discusses the pros and cons of co-blogging at a pre-established blog.
- Peach @ Rebelle Reads wonders if romance is the key to a successful YA book.
- Jess @ Curiouser and Curiouser talks about a very important topic- the school of thought that “Boys will be boys”, and why it is so harmful.
- Grace @ Rebel Mommy Reads read an actual book. She wants to know if you prefer physical or ebooks, and tells her thoughts!
- Cynthia @ Bingeing on Books talks about authors getting angry over negative reviews.
I feel like this is a really busy bookish time of the year. There seems to be so much going on- all kinds of tours and events and anticipated releases. And I am pretty sure that I overbooked myself, which should come as a surprise to no one. I even bought a planner, but haven’t had time to fill it out, because I am failing that hard at organization.
Things we need to talk about this week:
- How on earth do you people keep your shit together?
- Did you watch either of the new YA book based new shows (The Shannara Chronicles and The Shadowhunters)? Thoughts if you did?
- The 100 comes back NEXT. WEEK. Are you ready? Can you ever actually be ready? Have you watched the trailers?