Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. It gives us a chance to share with readers what we bought, borrowed, swapped, won or got for review each week. Because I love books, and you love books, so let’s see the books!
Via Netgalley/Edelweiss, thanks to Random House, Macmillan, and HarperTeen
I only read two books this week again. I still don’t understand how this is my new normal, but I bet it has something to do with me re-reading The Hunger Games. I still do not mind.
- The December Discussion Challenge link up and giveaway is happening!
- I have decided to give away something bookish for your holiday enjoyment!
- Enter to win a hardcover of Half in Love with Death by Emily Ross.
- The December New Release Giveaway Hop is underway!
Posts this Week:
- I reviewed Half in Love with Death by Emily Ross and am giving away a copy!
- This week’s Top Ten was favorite books. This was hard.
- I asked if your mood affects your rating of books.
- I did not review three more books.
- Nereyda & Nick @ Nick & Nereyda’s Infinite Booklist are hosting a Blogger Confession Project! Sign up, and confess away!
- Silvara @ Fantasy of the Silver Dragon wants to know how you feel about bloggers moderating (and deleting) the content of comments.
- Cait @ Paper Fury has tips on how to conquer the library.
- Aentee @ The Social Potato shares her recommendations for diverse fantasy (there are a ton of amazing ones to check out!)
- Vlora @ Reviews and Cake wants to know if you review a lot of books you didn’t like.
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction explains how Goodreads suggestions have the potential to be very useful.
- Tonyalee @ Lilybloombooks discusses commenting back, and why it doesn’t work for everyone.
- Melanie @ YA Midnight Reads helps us navigate the difficulties of a book buying ban.
- Ardis @ Pondering the Prose asks what makes someone a “social media star” (and shares the hilarity that prompted this discussion!)
- Jeann @ Happy Indulgence is revamping Read Play Blog in the new year, and wants your help! She also shares her game wish list!
- Nori @ ReadWriteLove28 wants to know both how and why you follow blogs.
- Mishma @ Chasing Faerytales talks about taking blogging breaks.
- Lisa @ Lost in Literature is celebrating her fifth blogoversary!! That is so amazing, head on over and congratulate her!
- Amanda @ Nellie & Co. shares a beautiful post about never settling for unhappiness (and also, it was her birthday!)
I…. have no Hunger Games news. This is the first time in awhile. I know it was inevitable and all, but still. I am also in gift-wrapping hell, and “oops I never sent Christmas cards” hell. These are things I must do this weekend, even though I have no time. No time, people! These are the times that I’d be super happy to be rich and famous and have a nanny to watch the kids (not all the time, just so I could blog and sleep and such) and some random person that I could hire to wrap the damn gifts and go to the post office for me. And maybe they could also address the envelopes. I would pay them well. What tasks would you outsource if you had all the money?
Things we need to talk about this week:
- Cait @ Paper Fury was nominated for this Epic Reads thing, and you should vote for her! Bloggers unite!
- Wendy @ Falconer’s Library shared this video with me in the comments of my discussion about Asking For It, and the video is just perfect to talk about the topic of consent! Thank you, Wendy!!
- I got pretty excited when I heard that one of my faves, Lauren Oliver, has a new series on the way. Then, Terri @ Second Run Reviews shared that Mike Mullin was continuing the Ashfall series! Good week for book news!
- How is Christmas less than a week away? If you celebrate, are you prepared? I am very much not.