Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. It gives us a chance to share with readers what we bought, borrowed, swapped, won or got for review each week. Because I love books, and you love books, so let’s see the books!
Where Futures End by Parker Peevyhouse Thanks so much to Penguin Teen! This has been on my TBR for ages, and I am SO excited for it!
From a gift card from my brother for my birthday!
From Book Outlet’s Black Friday Sale!
tired lazy to link these to Goodreads. Sorry(ish). The worst part is i have already read more than half of these. Oops?
The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner via Netgalley, thanks to Random House!
I only read two books this week. I don’t understand how this is my new normal, but I bet it has something to do with me re-reading The Hunger Games. I do not mind.
Apples and oranges, my friends. Apples and oranges.
- The December Discussion Challenge link up and giveaway is happening!
- I have decided to give away something bookish for your holiday enjoyment!
- Enter to win a pre-order of Titans by Victoria Scott!
Posts this Week:
(Yeah, I brought it back. I felt bad for not considering my mobile-using friends.)
- I reviewed Come Back to Me by Mila Gray
- This week’s Top Ten was new-to-me authors, and I bothered you with Adele.
- I featured some bookish neighborhoods that I shan’t relocate to.
- The sign up for the 2016 Discussion Challenge is ready and waiting for you!
- I suggest that you read Asking for It by Louise O’Neill.
- And I shared a sneak peek and giveaway of Titans by Victoria Scott!
- Nereyda @ Nick & Nereyda’s Infinite Booklist talks about realistic body image and double standards. There is so much right with this post!
- Cait @ Paper Fury declares the ten types of characters that she loves the most
- Rashika @ The Social Potato shares seven reasons she does NOT read YA (and none of them are true)
- Cee @ The Novel Hermit posted the results of the YA Book Cover Choice Awards! Go see if your favorites won!
- Terri @ Second Run Reviews has some great tips for organizing the blogs you follow via email!
- Vlora @ Reviews and Cake wants to tell you what she’s learned from NaNoWriMo 2015
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction explains why reading and blogging are the perfect hobbies.
- Jillian @ Chasing Faerytales wants to know if readers can interpret literature differently. (My answer? MUCH YES.)
- Jessica @ Bookish Serendipity asks how much time blogging really takes.
- Grace @ Rebel Mommy Book Blog asks if she is too easy of a rater.
- Hannah @ The Donkey Invasion shows us the many uses of books.… besides reading them and staring at them, of course!
- Rachel @ Istyria Book Blog shares why she’s decided to give up ARCs
- Val @ The Innocent Smiley turned TWO!!
I don’t have much to say this week, which is unusual. I’m contemplating getting Netflix, but I am already low on time. But guys, Fuller House will be starting! I need it. And I think I need whatever Jessica Jones is, because everyone and their mom is talking about it, for real.
Things we need to talk about this week:
- The covers for The Winner’s Curse series changed. And I am weeping. And Twitter is mad. What say you?
- The first teaser for The 100 is live! Get ready, because Season 3 (and Snark From the Ark!) will be back on January 21!
- Reported Hunger Games Prequels. Not set in stone, of course, but what if this were a thing? Thoughts? (I truly can’t decide where I fall on this.)