Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. It gives us a chance to share with readers what we bought, borrowed, swapped, won or got for review each week. Because I love books, and you love books, so let’s see the books!
The Rule of Mirrors by Caragh M. O’Brien Thanks so much to Macmillan! I am so excited for this series to continue!
From the Scholastic Warehouse Sale! Thanks to Jocelyn @ Novels and Necklaces for the heads up!
(Too tired to link these to Goodreads. Sorry 🙁 )
Marked by Laura Williams McCaffrey via Netgalley, thanks to HMH!
I only read two books this week. But, I did a lot of other stuff, so I am fine. PLUS, I liked them both. And one gave me a book hangover.
While Underwater was good, The Love that Split the World was freaking amazing. Book hangover-inducing, really.
- The December Discussion Challenge link up and giveaway is happening!
- I have decided to give away something bookish for your holiday enjoyment!
- Enter to win a copy of Passenger by Alexandra Bracken!! (U.S. Only)
Posts this Week:
(Yeah, I brought it back. I felt bad for not considering my mobile-using friends.)
- You can sign up for the December New Release Hop here!
- I told you about the 627 debuts of 2016 I cannot wait for!
- I reviewed Hardwired by Trisha Leaver & Lindsay Currie
- Cait @ Paper Fury has spent a whole year being… furious? And she is hosting a giveaway!
- Nicole @ Nicole’s Novel Reads shares the ultimate bookish gift guide (read: Shannon goes bankrupt)
- Gillian @ Writer of Wrongs introduces the Shippy Awards! (I can’t decide who to vote for, HELP!)
- Cee @ The Novel Hermit posted the FINAL ROUND of The Cover Awards! Vote wisely 😉
- Mishma @ Chasing Faerytales wants to know if authors have control of their characters after they’re released into the wild.
- Vlora @ Reviews and Cake wonders if we might be targeting the wrong audience.
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction wants to know if you read novellas.
- Alexandria @ The Book’s Buzz breaks down the pros and cons of several bookish careers
- Christy @ Novel Ink plans on finally watching Harry Potter (which will probably leave me as the only person on Earth who hasn’t, right?)
- Jillian @ Chasing Faerytales discusses why she isn’t into blog tours anymore.
- Jeann @ Happy Indulgence reminds us all to remember why we blog. (SO important!)
- Danielle @ Love at First Page & Jess @ Gone With the Words are hosting the 2016 Contemporary Romance Challenge!
- Sara @ Deadly Darlings shared books to match your mood
- Andrea @ The Overstuffed Bookcase, Amber @ Books of Amber, Angie @Lady Knight Reads are hosting a re-watching of The 100! Because it starts again soon, guys! This sounds like so much fun!
- Jamie @ The Perpetual Page Turner posted the 2015 Year End Survey! You can do it whenever- I will probably wait a couple weeks 🙂
- Val @ The Innocent Smiley wonders if it matters how professional you are as a reviewer (in a post that I inspired, YAY!)
So, this happened.
I wrote 10K words in about 36 hours to finish this jazz. I was so excited when the words had been verified that I cried a little. Also, Shay @ The Story Goes… is my hero. She helped me when I was being a newbie, she cheered me on, and she cheered me up, every single day. I am not at all done with the story, but it was a goal I never thought I’d meet.
Because of that, and feeling under the weather, I basically lost again at catching up on blog stuff. It’s killing me. I need just a few solid hours (maybe days, if I am being honest hah) to catch up, but what can you do? I will keep trying! Eventually I will get there. Probably in time to get behind again during BEA?
Also, first time this has happened to me: I had ideas but couldn’t write them down! Usually, I have no ideas, but want to write all the posts. This week, I have four drafts with ideas, all with maybe three sentences. This is strange!
Things we need to talk about this week:
- The book trailer for Passenger is live here!
- This article about 23 Life Lessons from The Hunger Games is so on point.
- If you celebrate a winter holiday, have you finished shopping? I have, yay!
- Do you usually have a harder time coming up with ideas or actually writing out the idea?
- Would you be interested in a giveaway where I let you pick from some books I have that need new homes? I am considering this.