So, yesterday we took a little stroll down memory lane. That’s always nice. But today, we’re going to talk about what’s to come! Last year, I did this too- my goals for the next year- and this is pretty shocking: I actually achieved a lot of them! Let’s take a look!
Well, look at that! I did all those things! Except for the first one, and let’s be honest, maybe it just isn’t in the cards for me to ever be a calm human being. But YAY to actual goal achievement! With that little success in mind, let’s make a few new goals!
- Learn more technical bloggish stuff. Design stuff, coding, that sort of thing. I don’t need to be a WordPress wizard or anything, but maybe just enough to get by?
- BEA! Yeah, that is on the list again, for obvious reasons! It was so much fun last year, and even though this year involves a felony (kidnapping Val, of course), I need to go. Also, Chicago. I love thee, Chicago.
- Try not to take every perceived rejection as such. Look, I am never going to calm down, but I at least need to understand that if I don’t get a book, or a few less comments one day, it doesn’t mean that I suck at both blogging and life and that I need to quit. Perspective is key.
- Get ahead of my posts. I am never going to be one of those people with 50 reviews and 17 discussions scheduled. It isn’t me, nor do I have the time. BUT, I would like to at least have a small buffer for life. Just a week or two, which leads me to the next goal…
- If I need time, to take it. If I need to not post for a few days because I am burned out, I need to accept that and let it happen.
- Read some of the bagillion books I have purchased. Let’s make a numerical goal. Say… 12. Twelve books (one each month) that I have pre ordered two years ago or something 😉
- Hunger Games reread #10. This really needs to happen, let’s hold me accountable! It’s been almost two years since my last re-read, and this is unacceptable!
- Attend some other bookish event. I wanted to go to Nori’s event this summer, but all hell broke loose. So, it can be a goal for this year!
- Write more. This isn’t technically bloggish, but it’s bookish, so it’s in.
- Come up with something new and fresh for the blog. I don’t know what this will be. Surprises are fun.
And, just like the bloggish things I want to do, there are some books, of course, that I seriously cannot wait to read. This isn’t even going to be a full list, because I am only including books with covers (and that can be pre-ordered for the giveaway!), so without further ado… the “I Need These Books!”
Um, I am basically going to need some kind of time extender, please and thank you. This was the cut down list, and is only through June. I am in trouble 😉
You know the drill! One of you gets one of those ^^ books. Read the terms, etc.
Oh, and remember how yesterday, I told you about the human that I had surgically removed the day after I created this blog? Well, he turns two today. I’ll be over in the corner sobbing if you need me. Here’s a cute baby then and now to entertain you while you wait.