Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. It gives us a chance to share with readers what we bought, borrowed, swapped, won or got for review each week. I also decided that since I do a weekly recap, it really is just good sense to link up with The Sunday Post, hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer, because that is such a fun link up as well!
From Penguin/Random House for review, with huge thanks:
Shallow Graves from author Kali Wallace, thanks to author Marieke Nijkamp’s fabulous giveaway for donations to Patrick Ness’s fundraiser for Save the Children. Every one of the authors who donated and contributed and boosted the signal for this are freaking amazing in my book!
Via Edelweiss & Netgalley, with huge thanks to Harper Teen and St. Martin’s Press
Thank you times a million, #OTSPSecretSister!!!
She really gets me. How amazing is this?
So I only read two books, but in my defense, Illuminae is super huge.
Illuminae. But probably any other week, it would have been A Madness So Discreet because it too was great!
I decided that I am not doing “On the Blog” anymore because you guys are smart and can look at the sidebar.
- The September Discussion Challenge link-up and Giveaway is underway!
- The International September New Release Giveaway has begun!
- Faye @ The Social Potato discusses the hardships of writing a positive review- in comic form!
- Cait @ Paper Fury reviews baking. And small humans. (NOT baking small humans.)
- Nicole @ Nicole’s Novel Reads shares her favorite fandom shops!
- Aentee @ Read at Midnight talks about the ways that blogging changed her reading habits
- Mishma @ A Perfection Called Books breaks down some familiar Book-to-TV shows in anticipation for Throne of Glass.
- Kayla @ The Thousand Lives reminds us that BROTPs need to be celebrated too!
- Inge @ Bookshelf Reflections fails at The Sims, but not this freaking hilarious post!
- The lovely ladies @ Deadly Darlings share 30 facts about themselves!
- Kaja @ Of Dragons and Hearts talks spoilers, and whether there’s a time limit.
- Ashtyn @ Readers in Wonderland asks if you lose interest in books on your shelves (::raises hand::)
- Lola @ Lola’s Reviews asks us the ultimate question: why do we review books?
- Jillian @ Jillian’s Books talks about her thoughts on controversial topics in general.
- Christina @ A Reader of Fictions shares her personal history with DNFing
- Lisa & Becca @ Lost in Literature chatted about how book boyfriends might be too perfect.
- Alyssa @ The Devil Orders Takeout made me laugh so hard with her “two cows” approach to writing.
- Julie & Lynn @ Chapter Break discuss which characters would be perfect to party with.
I finally organized my books this week! It was a huge, huge feat because I am basically a mess of hoarded nonsense. I tried my hand at a color-coordinated shelf (on my “read ASAP” TBR shelf). I think it was okay. Not great, but okay. You can decide:
The left one is the “must-read”, the right one is the “also should probably read”. A shelf is even cut off the bottom, because I have problems. Though, the top shelf of the right case are non-Hunger Games Favorites.
Speaking of Hunger Games…
So far. But like Ariel, “I want mooooore“.
Things we need to talk about this week:
- Hunger Games Funko Pop!! Now I shall join in the obsession! Will you? Have you?
- The Scorpio Races movie (!!!) has a director. I didn’t even know it was becoming a movie, so now I must read the book ASAP. Obviously, I own it.
- My parents have decided they are going to Greece the week of BEA. Aside from raging jealousy, this leaves me with a child care conundrum. What do my fellow blogger mamas do for such things?