Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. It gives us a chance to share with readers what we bought, borrowed, swapped, won or got for review each week. I also decided that since I do a weekly recap, it really is just good sense to link up with The Sunday Post, hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer, because that is such a fun link up as well!
For Review: (pictures=Goodreads)
I may have gotten these…
I read three books. Because I am pretty sure that I will read three books for the rest of time?
It was an okay reading week. None of these were bad. None of them were five stars, either.
On the Blog:
- On Monday, I talked about Vivian Apple and her needing of a miracle.
- Tuesday’s Top Ten was all about retellings!
- I participated in the FFBC blog tour with a review & giveaway of Never Always Sometimes by Adi Alsaid.
- On Thursday I shared the tag that some of my lovely friends and I created about first impressions.
- And on Friday, I told you all about the weirdness that is A History of Glitter and Blood
- The August Discussion Challenge link-up and Giveaway is underway!
- I have a TWITTER GIVEAWAY happening! (This is phase ONE of the big old giveaway event 😉 ) Enter to win ANY 2016 Debut!! International, going on until August 31!!
- PHASE TWO of the Big Old Giveaway is happening right now!!
- You can sign up to join the August New Release Giveaway Hop here!
Starts on MONDAY! I am so excited/scared/completely unprepared. Stay tuned for all kinds of shenanigans involving mental health. Also, a giveaway. because of course!
Fun in the Blogosphere:
- Alyssa @ The Devil Orders Takeout asks what would happen if your beloved characters were shovels (no seriously, read it, it’s fun!)
- Shay @ The Story Goes… wants to know if she should just throw in the towel with some series.
- Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books talks about Twitter- and some important dos and don’ts.
- Jillian @ Jillian’s Books gives you some helpful clues to determine if you’re a hopeless (and bookish) romantic.
- Cait @ Paper Fury explains why it is always okay to travel with a book in hand.
- Kristen @ My Friends Are Fiction confesses a blogging mishap– it’s one I do on the regular 😉
- Vlora @ Reviews and Cake talks about gendered books- and explains why it is not okay. This post is so accurate.
- Julia @ A Perfection Called Books shares some of her favorite reading moments.
- Sara @ Deadly Darlings has some bookish sins that need to stop being committed immediately!
- Nereyda @ Mostly YA Book Obsessed shares a very thoughtful and eye opening post on ideas and originality.
- Faye, Rashika, and Aimee @ The Social Potato are looking for a fourth potato! Are you starchy and tuberous enough for them!?
- Wren @ Books in My Suitcase gives us some helpful tips to controlling the ol’ TBR.
- Inge @ Bookshelf Reflections is starting a new blog all about positive thinking, and she needs your help!!
ARC August is officially underway, and I have made some progress? I think? Let’s check in with the graphic representation!
Meh. Not awful, but I’d hoped for better.
Also, Bookitcon! is tomorrow, so hopefully I will have pictures and fun to share next week. Also next week? #ShatteringStigmas and the August New Release Giveaway Hop!