Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. It gives us a chance to share with readers what we bought, borrowed, swapped, won or got for review each week. I also decided that since I do a weekly recap, it really is just good sense to link up with The Sunday Post, hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer, because that is such a fun link up as well!
Thanks to Xander, Lizzie, Fallon, and Avery!
For Review: (pictures=Goodreads)
(P.S.- Currently reading The Big Lie, and it is really good so far!)
Kindle on the cheap:
Have you been waiting as impatiently as I have? No? Okay, here they are!
Go ahead, you may now weep at their beauty. More pictures to come, because of course.
I read three books! It was seriously about to only be two again, but I may have stayed up until dawn because I could not put down The Accident Season…
This week was kind of freaking amazing. Everything, Everything really is everything. The Accident Season had me absolutely hooked! And Vivian Apple, which I almost expected not to like was a very pleasant surprise! I am scared for next week, because this one was amazing.
On the Blog:
- I did not review a bunch of books on Monday.
- Tuesday’s Top Ten was incredibly hard and asked us to find bookworms IN books.
- On Thursday I asked if you would/could start a fictional rebellion
- And on Friday, I posted the fifth and final excerpt in The Creeping excerpt tour!
- The August Discussion Challenge link-up and Giveaway is underway!
- I have a TWITTER GIVEAWAY happening! (This is phase ONE of the big old giveaway event 😉 ) Enter to win ANY 2016 Debut!! International, going on until August 31!!
- PHASE TWO of the Big Old Giveaway is happening right now!!
- You can sign up to join the August New Release Giveaway Hop here!
- The link to the form is here, if you missed it and want to help out, or just shoot me an email, a tweet, whatever! It starts a week from Monday, I cannot even believe it!
Fun in the Blogosphere:
- Aimee @ The Social Potato shared the funniest- and most accurate- post about annoying stereotypes– and what she’d like to see instead. Includes stupid old men!
- Zoey @ Uncreatively Zoey worries about coming up with discussions and not having enough creativity to do so. Go tell her she’s wrong 😉
- Jeann @ Happy Indulgence has some great tips on getting more social media followers (and none of them include “f4f?”. Because never do that.)
- Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books wrote a hilarious letter to America Singer giving her some solid parenting advice.
- Cait @ Paper Fury wants to know when you unfollow someone, and why.
- Danielle @ Love at First Page wants to know what your favorite type of blog post is. There’s a poll!
- KayCee @ Wonder Struck is starting a new feature all about OTPs! Head over and link up for a chance to show off yours!
- Ruby @ Ruby’s Books cannot get book titles that double as song titles out of her head. This happens to me! Also, there’s a Carlton Banks gif!
- Karen @ Kissin’ Blue Karen talks all about her dream career– and it is funny and really sweet!
- Inge @ Bookshelf Reflections has problems, guys. And they’re bookish ones.
- Elizabeth @ Thoughts From an Evil Overlord shares her commenting system and observations, and talks about the very real commenting guilt!
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction has started a new monthly link-up feature! Great timing, no? 😉
I realized I have failed miserably at comments this week, so if you get some random comments on an older post… I’m just catching up 🙂
It is now August, and that means that I have a lot of things coming up, personally and bloggishly! Here’s just a few things on my August schedule:
- Bookitcon! If you live anywhere near Moorestown, NJ, I expect to see you there on August 9! I am driving almost three hours each way, people!
- The Hunger Games Exhibition! It is like a life dream come true!
- #ShatteringStigmas starts August 10! I am so, so excited, but also, ridiculously scared. I have never done anything like this before and well.. it’s daunting! Especially when that pesky anxiety comes into play 😉 Also, if you filled out the form and wanted me to contact you or anything, I will be going through it this weekend!
- Never Always Sometimes blog tour!
- The Accident Season blog tour!
- Potentially two other blog tours (big month for blog tours, no?)
- ARC August
- Taking my small humans to an amusement park for the first time!