Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. It gives us a chance to share with readers what we bought, borrowed, swapped, won or got for review each week. I also decided that since I do a weekly recap, it really is just good sense to link up with The Sunday Post, hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer, because that is such a fun link up as well!
As some of you noticed during the past week, things look very different around here! Thanks to Hazel @ Stay Bookish, who I must say, captured my insanely vague description so well! Even I didn’t know what I wanted, but Hazel somehow did!
The Books (For Review)
Pictures link to Goodreads!!
Only two books this week, guys. Two. That isn’t great. I blame the fact that the Throne of Glass books are insanely long.
So you’ve (potentially) read my thoughts on Extraordinary Means, but Crown of Midnight? How about Crown of Six in the Damn Morning because I Had to Finish You?
On the Blog:
- On Sunday, the June New Release Giveaway started! Enter, and hop around 🙂
- I discussed what I was the “Blog Most Likely to…” do to celebrate Huntley Fitzpatrick’s My Life Next Door series!
- This week’s Top Ten was “Books on my Summer TBR”
- I did some bite-sized reviews of The Night We Said Yes, The Witch Hunter, and Extraordinary Means on Thursday.
- And on Friday, I talked about losing
some ofall of my creative mojo.
- The June Discussion Challenge link-up and Giveaway is underway!
- The June New Release Hop is going on until the end of the month!
- Lots of time left to enter to win an ARC of The Boy Most Likely To!
Fun in the Blogosphere:
- Holly, Faye, and Amber are hosting a Twitter Chat on Saturday from 12 PM EDT until whenever they feel like it. Find them on #BookNerdBoost
- Lisa @ Lost in Literature wants to know if you think a 3 star rating is losing its positivity.
- Terri @ Second Run Reviews discusses difficulties with relating to certain contemporary characters.
- Grace @ Rebel Mommy Book Blog asks if you happen to also suffer from Booknesia (yes, yes I do!)
- Alyssa @ The Devil Orders Takeout gives you a helpful flowchart on giving series a second chance!
- Alise @ Readers in Wonderland has decided that she and her TBR Jar are frenemies (I have simply broken up with mine!)
- Debby @ Snuggly Oranges talks about series endings- and wants to know if you often find yourselves let down! (I totally agree with her!)
- Lina @ Every Book a World lets us in on her jump into Kindle reading, and the pros and cons.
- Nova @ Out of Time is celebrating both her birthday and her blog’s birthday with a celebration and giveaway!
- Cait @ Paper Fury shares some valuable life lessons found in books!
- Also this week, things happened. First, as you may know, there was some inter-community drama that didn’t need to happen. Because apparently, talking to one’s friends about one’s personal likes and dislikes is no longer okay? I don’t know. I have a lot to say, but I am not sure I am quite ready to say it. Please refer to this lovely post by Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books to see what’s up, and hopefully to agree that threatening people is never, ever okay.
On a much more fun and exciting note… this happened:
How do I even begin to say thank you? I am kind of speechless, but I do want you to know how very much I appreciate it! And… as promised, there will be a giveaway! I just have to get the ideas in my head straightened out for maximum giveability 😉 THANK YOU 😀