Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. It gives us a chance to share with readers what we bought, borrowed, swapped, won or got for review each week. I cannot wait for my epic Book Outlet haul to arrive, but I did get a fun package in the mail that made up for my lack of books for the week!
Thanks to author Adam Silvera!
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (I am totally going to use this as my lending copy- now I not only will tell people to read it; I will lend it to them to be sure they do!)
Kindle Books (as always, on the cheap!)
Happy New Year!! I know it is cliche, but seriously, how is it 2015? I feel so… ancient. Moving on. I read a lot this week! and . I Remember You and Captive were definitely 4 star reads. I have some mixed feelings on Dove Arising and Survival Colony 9. Neither was bad, I am just… not sure.
And, I put my lovely new Christmas bookcase up! It is small, so I decided to make it into a must-read bookcase for the books I need to get to (because I really want to, not because I have to). Also, I was thinking of stealing my daughter’s bookcase, because she likes to put her books into bins instead of on the shelves, but that seems kind of mean, no? Would you steal the kid’s bookcase? Here’s the books I want to read ASAP:
On the Blog:
- On Sunday I reviewed Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch. I liked it!
- Monday’s review was of The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black. Another win!
- The top ten for Tuesday featured useless resolutions.
- Since Wednesday was New Year’s Eve, I wrapped up the year with some statistics and a survey hosted by Novel Ink.
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction and I premiered January’s Discussion link-up and giveaway post on Thursday.
- Friday brought a discussion all about book buying, and how it basically will destroy your bank account.
Don’t forget to link up your discussions and enter the Rafflecopter here!
So far, I am failing at scheduling, so I don’t know. I want to catch up on comments for sure. I want to post some ARC reviews, since a few books I’ve read are releasing in less than a month. I also want to find a way to incorporate all the amazing bloggers and/or their blogs I follow into my site, but I’m not sure how I want to do that yet.
How did you spend New Year’s Eve? What is your first read of 2015? Is it going well?