Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. It gives us a chance to share with readers what we bought, borrowed, swapped, won or got for review each week.
Atlantia by Allie Condie Incidentally, this book in person is stunning. Pictures do not do it justice. It is textured, and shimmers, and the font is incredible. (Of course, I have been reading some not-so-good reviews, but at least I can look at the pretty, right?)
Book Outlet Haul (Hint: One of these will be given away in the Dangerous Girls giveaway!!)
This week, I read , , and . Defect 2 was good and I plan to put a review up on Goodreads soon. Only Ever Yours was amazing and disturbing, and I have so many thoughts. I think everyone should read this book, and I will explain why next week. Frozen… well, that will be a different sort of review. Things did not go well.
On the Blog:
- On Monday, I reviewed The 52nd by Dela and reveled in the ancient Central American culture.
- This week’s Top Ten Tuesday featured Characters I’d Like to Dress Up As, in honor of Halloween!
- For Halloween, I was waiting for the scary-sounding The Creeping by Alexandra Sirowy
- Thursday’s review was of the exceedingly creepy Creed by Trisha Leaver and Lindsay Currie
- And for Halloween on Friday, I posted about some of my favorite creepy books, shows, and movies!
November starts today, and I am giving myself until I get home from a baby shower to decide if I am doing NaNo. I want to, I should, but… time! I have so many books I’d like to read this month, and it is my birthday on the 19th (hint: this means I will give you something, of course!) and the biggest, most exciting part: Mockingjay Part 1 on the 21st! (Or in my case, the 20th at 8:30pm!). And for the American readers, November brings Thanksgiving, so it is quite the busy month!
There are a few days left to enter the Blogoversary Giveaways, and a few more will be coming up soon! Next week I am planning to review The Unhappening of Genesis Lee, Only Ever Yours, and Frozen (or whichever of those I end up getting to!) and perhaps a discussion!
Are you excited for Mockingjay? Have you pre-ordered tickets? Also: What book are you most looking forward to reading in November? Best book from October? I asked lots of questions this week! Hope you all have a lovely weekend!