Welcome to Day Two, the last day of the Blogoversary fun, but NOT the last of the giveaways! I figured it might be fun to talk about blogging goals, bookish goals in general, things that have happened over the past year that have been exciting, and plans for the future!
When I started the blog, my hopes were basically the following:
- Gush and/or rant about books.
- Meet other bookish people.
Yeah. That was kind of it. Of course, as I got into it, I wanted more
, as we tend to do.
What was once just a hobby that few people knew about kind of turned into something that I loved, and I of course tried to pour as much as possible into it. In the past year, I have so far exceeded my goals, I can hardly believe it. Now, I know that the stats are just numbers, and I do try not to pay attention (except when I am requesting something, which for me, is rare because I scare easily), but I am absolutely stunned and humbled when I do look up said statistics and numbers. A million times, I thank you.
You all have pushed me to complete my ultimate “too scared” goal- requesting an ARC! I did, a few months ago, and am actually currently reading it!
I also got my first rejection the other day. That wasn’t fun. At all. (I kind of do not deal with rejection well.)
AND, I even requested a physical ARC! I have exactly zero hopes of getting it, but hey, progress!
And like a person on the eve of a new year, I will make some goals for the year to come:
- Calm down. Seriously, I freaked out pretty badly when the site went down. I panic if I don’t have a review up by midnight (why midnight? I don’t know, it is my own weird thing), I fret if I don’t return every comment immediately. I need to take a breath, and try to tell myself that the world will not end if I take an extra night to reply to comments. Posting a review at 12:23 isn’t hurting anyone. Anxiety, be gone!
- More discussions! Because really, they’re fun.
- BEA! Yes, this has to happen. It is non-negotiable. It is less than two hours away, but it won’t be in 2016.
- At least request a few ARCs. I have zero control over receiving them, which I should remind myself in the midst of panicked states.
- Continue forging relationships. Keep up with the ones I have, strengthen them, and meet even more people! Yay, books!
Onto the giveaway! Sorry, but this one is U.S. only, for I am broke and shipping is expensive. No worries, there is yesterday’s giveaway, plus one more still to come that will be international!
This one is for a copy of Dangerous Girls, some swag from all kinds of YA (some authors are super nice, and send multiple copies, which provides me with some to share with YOU!), and whatever random books I find on the cheap between now and when I mail out the package. I’ll include a couple more, mystery books if you will.
And to answer the rafflecopter question: I rate myself a three on the “Danger Scale”. I am pretty much a one most days, but I can have some nasty mood swings. The worst that will happen is the demise of an inanimate object though.
Good luck! As always, check out the terms/policies 🙂 Oh- and the site is still down for me. So I can’t see comments (well, I see them via email, but I can’t reply!) so I promise I will respond ASAP!